Installation and Connection
When installing the fuel level sensor onto the plastic fuel tank it is important to provide a secure electrical connection between the sensor's body and the frame of the vehicle. If this condition isn't met, it can lead to sensor malfunction caused by static electricity.
For installation onto cylindrical fuel tanks with the diameter 420...710 mm follow the instructions in the section Fuel level sensor installation recommendations for cylindrical fuel tanks.
1. Put the vendor furnished mounting point gasket on the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor measuring probe
2. Put the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor into the tank and fix it:
- when securing with bolts, first put on a spacer and a spring washer
- when securing to a plastic tanks with a wall thickness over 3 mm, use vendor furnished self-tapping screws
3. Connect the Omnicomm LLS sensors to an external device:
Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 according to the scheme:
4. Connect the device and the BIS-MX unit using a KTZ-MX cable (where y is the length of the cable, e.g. KTZ-10MX) manufactured by Omnicomm. The use of other mounting cables, as well as the extension or reduction of the standard cables, is forbidden.
|Name of the signal||Color of the wire|